Using The Expansion Tray Cover
DUAL USE COVER & EXPANSION TRAY
Many scales are equipped with dual purpose covers that can be flipped around and used as an expansion tray. The expansion tray cover feature was designed to be used when weighing larger items on scales that have smaller weighing platforms.
USING THE EXPANSION TRAY
Although each scale has slightly different instructions for using it’s cover as an expansion tray, there are generally similar instructions for this feature in all scales:
1) Remove cover from the scale and turn the cover upside down, so the inside of the cover will be facing upwards.
2) Power on the scale and wait for components to warm up.
3) Place the cover with the inside facing upwards on the center of the weighing platform.
4) Wait for the reading to stabilize and then hit the Tare/Zero key on the scale to tare the tray.
5) Place the items you wish to weigh in the expansion tray.
SEE USER MANUAL
Many pocket scales have a have a hinged cover that is attached to the scale but can be removed. To remove a hinged cover start by fully opening the cover to it’s widest angle, and then slide the cover to the left so the cover hinges detach from the scale’s hinge sockets. If you are having difficulty removing the cover from the scale, please see your scale’s instruction manual. Find for your scale’s instruction manual by searching for your scale model on our Find Your Product page.
NEED MORE HELP?
If you are having difficulties using the expansion tray cover with your scale, please locate your scale’s user manual through our Find Your Product page for more detailed instructions on your scale.